I realize that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I miss blogging. I do! I miss playing along with all the HSMSHS gang. I miss YOU!
Reasons I've been away?
1. A visit from my in-laws to prepare for and enjoy (And enjoy I did! I'm so lucky to have really wonderful in-laws!).
2. The local music festival to prepare for and participate in (tomorrow's the last day, THANK GOODNESS).
3. Old friends returned from their summer in the south (still haven't caught up properly with them, though we've called each other a few times)
4. I've started an online Photography course at Big Picture Scrapbooking. Lots to learn and absorb, and a big time commitment.
5. I'm doing a LOAD (LayOut A Day) challenge this month on Flickr (and it's not to late to join! Ask me how!)
6. I've had to shop for new spring/summer clothes for my kids. Because no matter how I beg, they won't stop growing!
7. Speaking of shopping, I have a dress fitting on Monday and have had to try to get ready for that (if only I had lost that 20 pounds!). Shoes, check. Underwear--time scheduled on Saturday. Put off that bra shopping as long as possible!
8. Oh, and a little thing called Girl Guide cookie selling
9. There was a church conference in there somewhere. We billeted people. Which was a first because we're so far from the church itself. But fun.
10. We've also had some beautiful spring weather, so I've been out enjoying it with my family.
11. My LR trial period ran out and I'm waiting for my very own copy to arrive in the mail. So exciting! After processing in LR, it's hard to be happy with just Picasa. So I haven't really wanted to post any recent photos--though I haven't stopped taking them!
EDIT: Just as I typed this, the mailman arrived! Hello LR! I love you!
Why do all of these things happen at once?
So I'm just trying to find my footing, and then I'll leap back into the fray.
Hopefully Monday! Until then, I hope everyone is well!