Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wait for meeeeeeee!

Hello!

Ok, not sure how I got out for a few days, but I'm ready to jump right back into the HSMSHS game with this week's prompts so far.

Monday: Orange

Orange has never been one of my happy colours, but since having kids I'm noticing more and more orange in my space. Winnie the Pooh, clown fish, doll dresses, race cars. The one that really baffles me is this one though:


Listen, I know that no one knows exactly what the dinosaurs looked like, but do you really expect me to believe that the majority of them were, like his toys, bright orange? If so, extinction solved: liver failure.

OFF-TOPIC!

That reminds me of a story for you:

My Hubby's office is in the centre of a row. The kidney dialysis unit is on one side of his office and a tanning salon is on the other.

Yesterday, waiting to pick him up, a woman pulled up and parked beside us. She slowly got out of her car and I had nothing to do but watch. She was stick thin, had stringy hair, and her skin was an incredibly sickly orange colour. I immediately felt poor for her, brave woman, going in for her treatment. I hoped she'd get the help she needed.

And then she went into the tanning salon.

Really?

Really.

We live in a strange, strange world.

Tuesday: Trinket

I'm not one for a lot of trinkets or dust catchers. I rarely wear jewellry and dislike clutter. But I love this little gal, who sits atop my stove to keep me company and cheer me as I cook.


Today: Radiate

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful....During the day, these are the rays we count on to keep us warm....and they're fun to watch too. (I thought the coals radiated better than the actual flame). I guess some oranges make me happy after all!



That's my space this week! Can't wait to catch up with all the other players!

PS In case you don't usually follow her, I just thought I'd mention that the Pioneer Woman is having a giveaway for B&H Photography gift certificates. Sweet. (you can follow the link in my sidebar: Pioneer Woman Photography).

3 comments:

  1. Perfect photo for radiate, I love the look of hot glowing coals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch ups, love the radiate shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely catch ups here & below. The radiate is really warming. Weather here miserable too!

    ReplyDelete