Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Old Masters



Posted by Picasa

I missed yesterday's HSMSHS prompt and meant to do both it and today's together, but when I went to get today's prompt I saw Carve and had to share this photo that I took on a trip to Springfield, Mass. this past September.

Everywhere I looked was so rich with detail and history, and I'm afraid I gave my camera quite a workout just trying to capture the beauty of the square where we were eating our lunch. You just don't see amazing workmanship like this anymore, and when I think of the tools they had versus the tools we have now, the love and artistry of their craft blazes through even more. It may be just a building, but that's no reason not to give it your best. Building things that last, giving your best to a job, carving a place for yourself in your surroundings. Why isn't this done anymore?

********************************************************
PS I'll still be looking around my current space for discard and carve and will try to post later if I get any good shots.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful carve you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - as you say truly amazing the detail they've put into it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is AMAZING! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful shot of a beautiful building, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe that's in my neck of the woods. beautiful angle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there! just checking out all the blog links from skrap n chat!

    you have some great photos here-nice to look at :-)

    i see some interesting links in your sidebar-will be visiting those too!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete