Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Golden



Posted by Picasa

Today's HSMSHS prompt is gold, and the photos are bee-you-tee-ful! Pop on over and have a look if you haven't already done so!

For some reason I've always preferred silver. I'm not sure why, because after real life and virtual home tours this year I've seen a lot of gold and it is beautiful! I think I'll have to let a little more gold in my home in the future.

Anyway, I do have this lovely bauble on my tree (and a matching one of an angel, come to deliver the Glad Tidings!). It has a gold base and hangs from a golden thread, and I cherish it. I have several mini-nativities on my tree as I try to surround myself with things that remind us of the true reason we celebrate at this time of year. Watching my children grow in understanding of this is golden to me.

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful & a lovely way to endorse the true Christmas meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time finding gold around my place, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are bee-you-tee-ful! Thank you kindly for stopping by my home tour and your sweet comment delighted my truffle decorating teens!

    ReplyDelete